The JEE Main 2024 is coming soon, and there are some important changes to be aware of. In this guide, we’ll look at the updated syllabus for JEE Main 2024, specifically in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
JEE Main 2024 Registration and Syllabus Reduction
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started accepting registrations for the JEE Main 2024 January exam. They have also updated the schedule on their new official website, jeemain.nta.ac.in. The syllabus for JEE Main 2024 has been reduced, as anticipated.
Chemistry Takes Center Stage
Chemistry has been reduced the most in the syllabus, with 8 units removed from last year’s curriculum. This change will likely affect how chemistry questions are asked and answered in the JEE Main 2024.
The changes in the Mathematics part are not as significant as the ones in Chemistry. The changes in Mathematics are small, so students can still prepare well.
Physics has changed a bit. They removed the chapter about Communication Systems. This affects both the theory and how we use this knowledge in practice. Students need to be aware of these changes and adjust their preparation accordingly.
Detailed Overview of Syllabus Changes
Here are the chapters removed from each subject:
- Mathematical Inductions: Principle of Mathematical Induction and its simple applications.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Statement logical operations and more.
- Communication Systems: Including topics like propagation of electromagnetic waves, modulation, and characteristics of transistors.
- States of Matter: Understanding the classification of matter into solid, liquid, and gaseous states.
- Surface Chemistry: Covering adsorption, catalysis, and colloidal states.
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals: Focusing on the extraction of metals.
- Hydrogen: Detailed insights into the properties and uses of hydrogen.
- Environmental Chemistry: Discussing environmental pollution and its control strategies.
- Polymers: Classification and important polymers.
- Chemistry in Everyday Life: Exploring chemicals in medicines, food, and cleansing agents.
Experts say the changes don’t really affect Physics and Mathematics. The modifications in those subjects are considered small. But for chemistry, which already had a lot to cover, the reduction is proportional and should have a bigger impact.
You can find the list of chapters that have been removed and the revised parts on the JEE Main 2024 website. It’s important for students to carefully go through the revised syllabus to make sure they are fully prepared for the upcoming exam.
In conclusion, the changes in the JEE Main 2024 syllabus are worth noting. Chemistry, in particular, has undergone significant modifications that may affect how questions are asked. Make sure you stay informed and adjust your preparation methods accordingly to do well in the upcoming JEE Main 2024 exam. Best of luck!